For you and your Family

Nuisance Claims

Nuisance Claims

A Nuisance claim may arise when the activities of your neighbour (whether lawful activities or not) interfere with your right to enjoy your own land, or land over which you have a right (i.e. a right of way).

For example, if oil has leaked from your neighbour’s land and contaminated your soil, an action in Nuisance may arise.  Also, excessive noise coming from your neighbour’s property can also amount to a Nuisance.

In these cases, you may be able to obtain an order from the court requiring your neighbour to stop the interference and ‘make good’ any damage caused.  You may also be able to claim compensation including compensation for any diminution in value of your land.

If you are concerned about a nuisance we invite you to call Mark Ridley on 01252 730761 (Farnham) or Michelle Ogunlaja on 020 7842 0800 (London), to discuss your options.


Commercial and Employment Update

  • Posted

We recently circulated our Commercial and Employment Update containing the following articles and news: What you don't know can't hurt you? The employment tribunal thinks otherwise Why bother with a shareholders' agreement? Was...

Limited Discretion to Depart from Part 36 costs convention

Michelle Ogunlaja
  • Posted
  • Author

Recently in the case of Tuson v Murphy, the Court of Appeal overturned the decision of the High Court which had ordered that the Claimant should pay legal costs going back a previous year and a half, to when she purportedly began to mislead the Defendant...