I am a Trainee Solicitor in the Employment Department.
My areas of work
I started my Training Contract with BakerLaw in September 2017 and have undertaken seats in the Private Client, Family and Employment Departments.
I am currently in my final seat in the Employment Department, having already been part of the team for 6 months. During my time in this department, I have been assisting in cases and have been involved in:
- Drafting a contract of employment,
- Drafting and amending Settlement Agreements to tailor them to the needs of the client,
- Drafting a grievance letter setting out the client's factual background and complaints,
- Advising on the merits of claims for unfair dismissal and constructive dismissal,
- Considering and researching a potential redundancy situation,
- Attending a Preliminary Hearing in relation to an unfair dismissal claim, and
- Writing case reports that focus on key Employment Law issues.
In my Employment seat, I have typically spent 50% of my time assisting on dispute-related matters, with the remainder of my time being spent learning about file management, researching, client care requirements, marketing and assisting with business development.
My previous experience
Before joining BakerLaw I graduated from Oxford Brookes University with a 2:1 LLB Law Degree, and then went on to attain a distinction on the Legal Practice Course at The University of Law in Guildford.
What clients say about me"Thank you for your very professional, and warm, help from my first phone call through to the end of our meeting this morning. It was a pleasure to deal with you - and should anyone ask if I could recommend a solicitors, I would have no hesitation in suggesting yourselves." [Mr D]
My interest and hobbies
In my spare time I enjoy playing tennis, reading books and cooking for my friends and family.