I am a Trainee Solicitor in the Employment Department.
My areas of work
I started my Training Contract with BakerLaw in September 2017 and have undertaken seats in the Private Client and Family Departments.
I am currently in my third seat in the Employment Department, where I have been assisting in cases and have been involved in:
- Drafting a contract of employment,
- Drafting and amending Settlement Agreements to tailor them to the needs of the client,
- Drafting a grievance letter setting out the client's factual background and complaints,
- Advising on the merits of claims for unfair dismissal and constructive dismissal,
- Considering and researching a potential redundancy situation,
- Attending a Preliminary Hearing in relation to an unfair dismissal claim, and
- Writing case reports that focus on key Employment Law issues.
In my Employment seat, I have typically spent 50% of my time assisting on dispute-related matters, with the remainder of my time being spent learning about file management, researching, client care requirements, marketing and assisting with business development.
My previous experience
Before joining BakerLaw I graduated from Oxford Brookes University with a 2:1 LLB Law Degree, and then went on to attain a distinction on the Legal Practice Course at The University of Law in Guildford.
My interest and hobbies
In my spare time I enjoy playing tennis, reading books and cooking for my friends and family.