I am Head of the Corporate and Commercial Department and advise commercial and individual business owner/managers and their advisers on a wide variety of corporate and commercial legal matters affecting their businesses.
My areas of work
I am an experienced corporate and commercial solicitor and have acted for a wide variety of businesses over the years, domestically and internationally, at differing stages of the business cycle. My main areas of specialism are:
- buying and selling companies and businesses
- secured lending transactions
- corporate reorganisations (including demergers and capital reductions)
- sales of distressed businesses (including prepacks)
- commercial contracts (including distribution, outsourcing and agency arrangements)
- joint ventures and shareholders agreements
- advising directors on their legal duties and potential liabilities
- data protection and e-privacy issues
- healthcare transaction expertise, dealing with dentists, pharmacists, GPs and care homes
My previous experience
I qualified as a solicitor in 1990 and joined BakerLaw in September 2018 bringing with me over 25 years’ experience in corporate and commercial law. I trained at Slaughter and May in the City and continued to practise there for a number of years and at several other leading City law firms and then in Surrey. I have also been admitted as an attorney-at-law in the Cayman Islands and worked as general counsel at Hilton International Hotels.
My interests and hobbies
When not busy acting as an unpaid taxi driver for my family, I enjoy travelling, the occasional game of golf and re-reading classic novels.