The relationship between employer and employee is strictly regulated. There are rights and duties on both sides.
Our Farnham employment law solicitors are highly skilled and commercially aware - they work with local businesses and individuals every day across a range of areas. We are an energetic and results-driven team, advising employers and employees in a way that is clear, concise and completely jargon-free.
Our expertise ranges from advising on straightforward contractual matters where there is no dispute to providing effective representation at acrimonious Employment Tribunal hearings. We work closely with military personnel in the area and advise those working in the military and for the Ministry of Defence on their rights under employment law, including their rights when employed overseas.
Advice At The End Of Your Employment: Compromise Agreements Lawyers In Hampshire
Employment comes to an end for a variety of reasons. Whether you leave as a result of a dispute or you have simply decided it's time to move on, the employment team at BakerLaw Solicitors can advise you on your departure. Not only do we ensure that you receive whatever financial reward you are entitled to, but we also attend to all matters that may affect your future employment prospects. Our work covers the following:
- Settlement agreements - Negotiating the terms of your departure with your employer.
- Grievance procedure (sacking procedure) - If you have raised a grievance, we can advise on the legality of how it has been handled by your employer.
- Unfair sacking/dismissal - Before dismissal, an employer must fully investigate. Failure to do so can mean your dismissal was unfair.
- Constructive dismissal - If you are forced to leave because your employer has breached your contract, we can pursue a claim for compensation.
Employment Law Advice During Your Employment
Sometimes significant issues arise during your employment. Our legal advice is aimed at helping you protect your position. We can help with the following matters:
- Sexual discrimination claims
- Racial discrimination claims
- Age discrimination claims
- Disability discrimination claims
- Maternity, pregnancy leave and pay
If the organisation you work for is sold or ownership is transferred, we can ensure that the correct TUPE procedures are followed and your position is protected.
While the employer-employee relationship may sometimes have deteriorated so badly that any amicable resolution is unlikely, sometimes mediation can still provide a less stressful way of concluding a dispute. If you are interested in a negotiated settlement, we can ensure that any agreement is legally enforceable and safeguards your position.
Our employment law experience spans many industries and workplaces. You can contact us online or by phone on 01252 733770.