5 things you should know about dementia
1. Dementia is not a natural part of ageing - Over 40,000 people under 65 in the UK have dementia.
2. Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain - Dementia is not usually passed down through genes.
3. Dementia is not just about losing your memory - Dementia can affect the way people think, speak, perceive things, feel and behave.
4. People can still live well with dementia - Although there is no cure for dementia, scientists and researchers are working hard to find one.
5. It is possible to find support - Alzheimer’s Society is here for anyone affected by dementia – wherever they are, whatever they’re going through.
Farnham Dementia Action Alliance has arranged a week of activities, which are aimed at people living with dementia and those who want to find out more information about dementia (http://www.farnham.gov.uk/farnham-life/local-matters/farnham-dementia-action-alliance/news-and-events).
Let’s take on dementia together.