It is that time of year again and BakerLaw has decided to get a Christmas tree with a cause. On Friday, 7 th December, our Associate and Head of the Private Client Department, Debbie Duggan headed out to the great outdoors in association with the...
We have a wonderful opportunity for an exceptional Commercial / Corporate Paralegal to work directly with our Head of Company Commercial.
**Competitive salary and benefits package
BakerLaw LLP is a growing ‘future focused’ law firm. Our team of lawyers use their experience and commercial knowledge to deliver practical and smart solutions to our impressive list of clients.
- Assisting with fee earning work. Drafting, amending, reviewing or commenting on various documents including liaison with clients, lawyers and other intermediaries.
- Various forms of commercial contracts, including standard Terms and Conditions, both B2B and B2C.
- Corporate transactional work includes supporting legal due diligence and disclosure exercises.
- Drafting transactional and ancillary documents
- Completions and post-completion filings.
- Case based administration
- Business development and marketing. Administration for the firms professional networking event on a monthly basis, including managing the invitation list, liaising with sponsors and the venue.
- Writing articles and blog posts for our website and newsletters to commercial clients and contacts and attendance at networking opportunities.
- Graduate (or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Numerically strong
- Friendly, team working approach
- Good attention to detail
If you would like the opportunity to join our team and believe you have the skills, personality and drive we would love to hear from you. Please email Penny Peachey for details on how to apply.
Up to £12.50/hr + pension, enhanced holidays, private healthcare
Part Time - 15 or 16 hours per week (2:15pm - 5:15pm)
Providing a professional and competent front of office service for a local law firm, welcoming clients to the office and supporting the business administrative tasks of the Office Manager.
- Provide administrative support to the Office Manager
- Managing files and all correspondence in liaison with colleagues
- Liaise with office staff
- Providing first line response for client queries; answering the phone, passing on correspondence
- Answer e-mails and file correctly
- Produce high quality letters and reports as required
- Ensure complete confidentiality when dealing with issues
- Receiving and directing incoming switchboard phone calls
- Assisting with any queries and ensuring that they are met or directed to the person they have come to meet.
- Maintaining tidy reception area;
- Dealing with deliveries, post and couriers, internal and external mail;
- Other admin and facilities tasks, such as filing, ordering office supplies, etc
- Office operations
- Filing and shredding where required
- Fire Warden/ First Aider (training offered)
- Administering Events
- Marketing support
Speculative applications (Farnham and London)
We always welcome speculative applications from talented individuals at all levels who are interested in working for a progressive law firm. If you are interested in furthering your career with us, please contact Andrew Peters, in the strictest of confidence, on 01252 730 766 or at Andrew.Peters@baker-law.co.uk
Please note - we do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.