We are delighted to strengthen our Corporate and Commercial department with the appointment of Simon Porter as Head of Corporate and Commercial.
As a recommended solicitor in The Legal 500 with over 25 years of experience, Simon has been described as having “notable strength in work related to dentists, pharmacies, care home and GP practices, as well as hotel matters”.
Simon’s range of knowledge and expertise includes the following areas of Corporate and Commercial law:
- buying and selling companies and businesses
- secured lending transactions
- corporate reorganisations (including demergers and capital reductions)
- sales of distressed businesses (including prepacks)
- commercial contracts (including distribution, outsourcing and agency arrangements)
- joint ventures and shareholder agreements
- advising directors on their legal duties and potential liabilities
- data protection and e-privacy issues
- healthcare transaction expertise, dealing with dentists, pharmacists, GPs and care homes
What is the Legal 500?
The Legal 500 is an organisation that analyses law firms and solicitors across 150 jurisdictions and ranks and recommends the top 500 each year based on their performance, quality and strengths. The Legal 500 is a helpful guide for clients to analyse which law firm or solicitor is best suited to deal with their legal issues.
We look forward to seeing Simon work closely with our commercial clients and businesses in Surrey and beyond.
To find out more about Simon, or to contact him to discuss how he can support your business, please visit his profile on the BakerLaw website.