With the travel restriction shake up and the October half term only weeks away, many of us will start to think about going away somewhere with our loved ones. It is the time of year people look to go on holiday, but for those who are...
When someone dies it is often a very stressful time for all concerned. Unfortunately, it is also quite common for legal disputes to arise, when the deceased’s affairs are attended to. Fortunately, BakerLaw has specialist expertise in Probate Dispute law, often called Contentious Probate. If a probate dispute arises, we will ensure you understand the full extent of your rights, and act for you to achieve your best possible outcome.
A Probate Dispute may arise in the following circumstances:
- A family member or someone close to the family feels disappointed by being excluded from the will, or by the amount that has been left to them.
- There are grounds to suspect the will is not valid. For example, there may be uncertainty as to whether the deceased had
- understood the will
- lacked capacity
- been heavily influenced by someone else, when making to make the will
- The effect of the will may be unclear and there may be disagreement over its interpretation
- The deceased had promised part of their estate to someone but this promise was not reflected in the Will
- The Will contains mistakes made by the solicitor or will writer
- An executor, personal representative or trustee has mismanaged the estate including any trusts
- The deceased’s property and monies were mishandled before they died, perhaps by the misconduct of someone granted with power of attorney.
Our specialist lawyers have successfully pursued and defended Contentious Probate cases for clients, over many years. Their clients have included high net worth individuals with valuable business and property interests.
BakerLaw also offers a range of options to fund your legal costs, including ‘No Win, No Fee’ agreements.
Above all, your lawyer will work closely with you, one-on-one, to the resolution of your case, to ensure that you receive a personalised service.
Head of Dispute Resolution, Mark Ridley, is a member of The Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS).
For more information we invite you to call Mark Ridley on 01252 733 770 to discuss your case in confidence.