Our Online Will – Premium service is a simple solution for someone looking to prepare a straightforward Will, without the cost of the traditional Will drafting process – but with the benefit of a law firm overseeing the signing of the Will, for peace of mind.
With an Online Will – Premium you will be in control, using our online tool to register, complete your details, provide your Will instructions, make any amendments to your draft Will and submit it to us for checking and confirmation. Once your draft Will has been finalised, you can then book your face-to-face appointment where you will visit our Farnham office to sign your Will under the guidance of our experienced and professional Wills team. Our online service is easy to use, and your details can be submitted whenever is convenient for you.
The process will also involve a virtual ID check (which you can carry out at home using a smartphone or tablet) and a video call with us to confirm your instructions.
A BakerLaw Online Will – Premium might suit you if:
- You have a non-complex estate and family situation;
- You do not want, or do not feel you need specific legal advice on your circumstances or options when it comes to making a Will;
- You want to save time and money when preparing your Will, but would still like to ensure that the contents are valid and effective;
- You would like the security of signing your Will at a law firm, with a face-to-face appointment, without the need to arrange your own two witnesses;
- You want your Will stored safely so that you know it will not be lost or damaged over the years.
Please read through the below list of requirements to ensure you understand what will be needed to use the Online Will – Premium service, and then complete your registration details to start the process of preparing your Will now.
Online Will – Premium requirements:
- The total net value of your personal assets will be worth less than the IHT threshold of £325,000 - this means the value of all your assets, minus the value of all your liabilities (such as a mortgage) is £325,000 or less
- You are able to communicate directly via phone, email and video call - this means you must have your own email address that we can contact you on
- You are not blind or partially sighted
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are domiciled in England & Wales
- Your property and assets are within England & Wales only
- You are able to read and write in English and can sign your own name
- You understand the purpose of making a Will and the assets in your estate
- You have considered your obligations to your family and the people who depend on you financially, when deciding the distributions under your Will
- You are making this Will out of your own choice and are not under pressure from someone to make it, nor are you being influenced by another person in answering questions regarding your Will
- You are not suffering from any illness or taking medication for any medical condition which may impair your decision-making ability
- You have access to a smart phone, or tablet able to receive a SMS (text) message
- You have access to a device on which you can hold a video call
If you do not meet all the above criteria, our Online Bespoke Advised Will service may be more appropriate for your situation. If you are not sure, please email us at email@example.com and we will advise which Online Wills service will be the best fit for you.