For You and Your Family

Nuisance Claims

A Nuisance claim may arise when the activities of your neighbour (whether lawful activities or not) interfere with your right to enjoy your own land, or land over which you have a right (i.e. a right of way).

For example, if oil has leaked from your neighbour’s land and contaminated your soil, an action in Nuisance may arise.  Also, excessive noise coming from your neighbour’s property can also amount to a Nuisance.

In these cases, you may be able to obtain an order from the court requiring your neighbour to stop the interference and ‘make good’ any damage caused.  You may also be able to claim compensation including compensation for any diminution in value of your land.

If you are concerned about a nuisance we invite you to call Mark Ridley on 01252 730761 to discuss your options.